My newest OBSESSION!! If you knew me when I was pregnant with Jake, and how I drove my mother crazy trying to find Big Brother / Little Brother matching shirts for my children that I just loved and that MATCHED (I’m telling you that was hard) you would know that it was not an easy feat and that I was not nice about it to anyone. I just wanted a cute picture of my kids in something that matched and that labeled who they were. To this day, I can’t seem to find Big Brother / Little Brother items in the stores that are the same patterns. Not sure why Carters can’t make them match!!! Anyway, this is what I ended up with when Jake was born. I guess one of the biggest problems was that I needed like an 18 month / 24 month size for Big Brother. I guess normal people don’t make a 15 month old a Big Brother so manufacturers don’t make that size. DOH!
So now that I have gotten better at my sewing techniques, I have created one of my newest collections for Right Up Your Ali. Big Brother / Little Brother MATCHING shirts!!
And I have a slight addiction to cute little dinosaurs. And have always loved lime green (prom 1998…pale lime green dress) so when I found this fabric (AND ON SALE FOR 60% off….SCORE) I bought a yard of it and came right home and started my letter templates. I LOVE how the shirts turned out. LOVE. They care currently on display at my bank since I am the featured business of the week, but when that’s over, my boys will be modeling these.
What inspired me to make these was a present I made for an adorable little 2 year old.
I figured, if this one turned out good, then more letters would too. So I am now taking orders for these. I can do names for toddlers as long as they are short names :) Don’t be asking for names like CHRISTOPHER or anything to fit on a 2T :)
Jake and Jared will be getting these too, just because, well, that’s what happens when Mama sews.
Name shirts are $22 plus $3.00 domestic shipping
Big Bro or Lil Bro shirts are $22 each or $40 for the set.
Shirt colors available are: White, Navy Blue or Grey. Onesies are only in White.
Email me for custom fabrics. I am currently working on an airplane theme for an old high school friend. Will post it when it’s done.
No comments:
Post a Comment